Collectibles or Dustibles

The problem with collecting anything is that folks hear you collect, say birds, and then you get a slew of bird items you never wanted. I made the mistake of collecting baby birds made by this one artist. Well, before you know it I’ve got statues of all kinds of birds, kitchen towel with birds on them, plates with birds painted on them.


Well, you get the idea.


Then you’ve got to display all this stuff or else worry about hurting someone’s feelings. At least, that’s the way I used to think, years ago when I was young. Now I leave it in the box and figure when I go to meet my maker, one of my kids will have to take it to the Goodwill.


Another problem with having a collection of anything is that if you display them, well, they become “dustibles.” Yep, everyone of those little rascals has to be dusted at least once in a while or else they’ll be festooned with cobwebs. Believe me, I know this. Not because I have a lot dustibiles out, but because my best friend LuAnna collects everything under the sun.


I think she’s a border line hoarder, but of course, I’d never say that to the dear old girl. For now, I’ll just say she’s got a large collection of dustibles. And an even larger collection of cobwebs.


Hmmm, maybe I should tell everyone I'm collecting cobwebs and see how many I get.

Comments